Oct 14, 2014
Pumpkin Spice Dessert Pie
The great pumpkin season is upon us again! Want to shake things up from classic pumpkin pie and pumpkin spice lattes?
Gram's Pumpkin Spice Dessert Pie is HERE and man is it delicious.
You will need:
- 2 cups cooked mashed pumpkin
- 1 12oz can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 pkg (18 1/4 oz) yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
In a mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13x9 baking pan. Sprinkle with dry cake mix and drizzle with butter. Top with walnuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until a knife unserted near the center comes out clean.
Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. Makes 12-16 servings.